Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Friendships of Women







We have all heard the saying "You don't know what you've got, until its gone" and that is what I am feeling right now. Next week, I am starting back to work full-time during the day... thus, I will no longer be able to attend a group called "Friendship Factor". I think that I almost took advantage of being able to attend the group, in that I tried to attend as often as I can, but I did not think about how much NOT ATTENDING would mean to me.

Most weeks, we spend some time chatting about anything and everything, making a simple craft and drinking coffee. There are days when we are blessed by guest speakers, bible studies and food. I enjoyed going when I was able, but I never ever thought about how I would feel if I were not able to attend ever again. What I am feeling now that this is becoming a reality is "I feel lost! How ever will I get a chance to see _______ as the only time I get to see her is at Friendship Factor."

It is funny how people say that they love applications like Facebook, because they can keep in contact with their friends and talk to them at any time, but I think there is nothing better than being able to speak with someone face-to-face, giving them a hug if they need it. Cyber hugs {hugs} may be good for some people, but there is nothing better than a loving Christian woman comforting you when you are in need or hugging you just because they appreciate you being there.

I would just like to say a heart-felt thank you to the Friendship Factor team: Ifie, Heather, Lucy, Peggy, Stacy and Cassie for everything that you do to make Wednesday mornings such a wonderful experience. Tyler, although you are no longer living in Red Deer and have moved on to much better things, I thank you for being the inspiration to really get the Women's Ministry hopping at Crossroads.




John 15:12-13 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet, jamie! Just knowing that you ladies who attend are finding joy and friendships are the whole reason we are all there! We really do nothing, to be hoonest. We fly by the seat's of our pants sometimes, but it always God. His ideas, His timing, His answers to the glitches... We are sad to have you go, especially knowing you have enjoyed it so!

    ReplyDelete