As you can probably already guess by the title of this post, I am not having a good day. I am having my own one mommy pity party right now and you are welcome to join me. How is it that my kids always know when is exactly the wrong time to "bug" mommy?
Now some of you are probably saying "But at least you have a child/children to love!" And yes, I am blessed to have them, but don't I also deserve to have some time to myself?
What is so ironic about this right now is that on Sunday I sat in on a "Faith at Home" event at our church for the grade 2 students on being a Family of Devotion. The example that we went through was teaching our children to use patience. How can I possibly instill in my children the virtue of patience, when I can not even remain patient with my children?
So what is PATIENCE?
"Patience is a slowness in avenging wrongs. It is the quality of restraint that prevents believers from speaking or acting hastily in the face of disagreement, opposition or persecution. Patience is bearing pain or problems without complaining"
Our family is beginning a ritual of working on scripture memorization as a family... Here are some verses I think I need to start off with.
Proverbs 14:29 - A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.
Proverbs 15:18 - A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man clams a quarrel.
1 Thessalonians 5:14 "And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone."
James 5:8-9 "You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged."
Luke 8:15 "But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience."
1 Timothy 5:11 "But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness."
James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
I love that definition of patience. I might need to print that out!
ReplyDeleteBTW - Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)