Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ViewPoint: Weariness

"It is not just life that makes us weary;

it is the way that we handle life." - Joyce Meyer


Have you ever felt like there is nothing else that you can do to make things work or have you ever felt like just "hanging up the gloves" and giving up?


I know I have... many, many, many times! Actually, too many times to keep track of. Whenever things have gotten hard, my kids have pressed on my nerves just a little too hard or nothing seems to be going right - I have thrown up my hands in the air! Not in a way that worships God, but a visual sign that I was giving up on life.


Today, as I sat down to watch a PVR taping of Joyce Meyer (someone that I feel is great at mixing practical living with the Word - http://www.joycemeyer.org/ ) I was feeling particularly down in the dumps and ready to just go to sleep and pray that tomorrow would be better. Joyce introduces her topic of weariness and something within me instantly started to wake up. I realized that although I claim to be a Christian and living the faith, I have been missing a very important element: I haven't been trusting that God will be there for me.
Whenever life has gotten hard, I have NOT put my trust in the fact that God is working on my behalf. I have forgotten some very basic things:


  1. God always anwers prayers - it may not be the way that we want or think He should answer them, but He does answer us.

  2. God will never grow weary of us.

  3. If we do not trust God, then what is the point of "doing life"?

Isaiah 40:28-31


Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding. He gives power to the faint and weary, and to Him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and [selected] young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted. But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.






No comments:

Post a Comment