Sunday, May 20, 2012
Something To Say
This song was sung during worship today... it really got me thinking.
How often do I turn away from my faith when things get hard? How many times do I try and "do life" without the help of my Savior?
SOMETHING TO SAY - STARFIELD
I've got something to say
It's been one of those days
When I'm finding it hard to believe in You
I've got something to say
I've forgotten how to pray
And I'm finding it hard to believe the truth
I've got something to say
Right now it feels like You are slipping away
Like I am drowning in a crisis of faith
Like I'm alone
I've got something to say
What was black and white is gray
And I'm finding it hard to believe in You
I've got something to say
Right now it feels like You are slipping away
Like I am drowning in a crisis of faith
Like I'm alone
And faith might mean there won't be answers
And hope might mean enduring through the night
But help me not forget in darkness
The things that I believed in light
I've got something to say
Right now it feels like You are slipping away
Like I am drowning in a crisis of faith
Like I was found, but now I'm lost in the fray
I've got something to say
It's been one of those days
When I'm finding it hard to believe in You - Starfield
When I feel like there is nothing left to do and nothing left to say.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I feel like I can't stand another minute of this life.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I feel like there is no one beside me on my journey through life.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I feel like my kids are going to give me a coronary.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I don't feel like my spouse supports my decisions.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I feel like I am drowning because of all of my fears and worries.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I feel like I am not getting the answers or God is ignoring me.... I need to lean on HIM.
When God tells me I need to endure the situation I find myself in.... I need to lean on HIM.
When I lean on HIM, God will help me find my way.
When I lean on HIM, I will find that there is so much left to do and say.
When I lean on HIM, I will KNOW that HE is beside me on my journey through life.
When I lean on HIM, I will no longer fear or worry... because I will feel safe to lay them down at the foot of the cross.
Precious Lord,
You know me inside and out and you know my every thought. Help me to remember to bring everything to you and to not lean on my own strength to get me through the struggles of life. You never promised that life would be easy if I had faith in You, You simply promised that You would be by my side, all I need to do is cry out to You and You will be there.
May the words of this song be a comfort to me and all who may feel like they have lost their way. May we feel Your comfort and just be willing to take the chance and reach out to You. I have always believed that "you never know what will happen until you try", but with You I know what will happen if I lean on You... You will be there to comfort, guide, protect and love me.
Thank you for being there Lord. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment