I finally finished reading this Book and I am sad to say that I was quite disappointed with this book.
Normally I can't get enough of Mr. Lucado's books, but this time I had to start and re-start reading this book over and over. Not that the topic was not interesting, but I found it hard to read as it just seemed like a few of Max's books had been combined into one single book and had a new title slapped on it.
The only part of the book that got me thinking was the story at the beginning of the book called "Finding Father Benjamin". If I were to pass away like Father Benjamin, would my friends show people the things that I had done... Would they be able to speak about where I lived and what I had done with my life.
I also did not like how Mr. Lucado took liberties in the retelling of the bible stories used to illustrate his points. It would have been nice if only one version of the bible was used and not a mish-mash of different volumes.
All in all, I can not recommend this book as it does not teach anything new, but uses the ideas from some of Mr. Lucado's books.
I received this book for free from www.Booksneeze.com
No comments:
Post a Comment