Friday, August 27, 2010

Captured by Grace


I have always heard so much about this author and was very excited when I got the chance to review this book. Unfortunately, my excitement was short-lived as I began to read this book.

Although I was enticed by the subject of GRACE, the promises that I would learn something from this book were short-lived. I found the wording very hard for me to understand and follow. The examples of others that have been on the search for grace were too numerous in this book for my liking, I found myself trying too hard to remember all of the examples and not being able to focus on the main point that Dr. Jeremiah was trying to get across - "the transforming mercy that captured songwriter John Newton and the apostle Paul can awaken within you a fresh experience of the God who loves you fearlessly and pursues you with abandon."

Maybe my initial understanding of what this book was about was wrong... I thought that it would be more about how to allow the Grace of God to enter your life and help through the trials of life. I may try and reread this book at another time (to see if I may gain more from a second reading than I did from this first reading), once I have grown more in my faith.

If you are a person that learns best from example, this book may be for you... but for myself, I needed something a little more straight forward and to the point, at this time in my life.

*** This book was provided to me for free for the purpose of review by the publisher via booksneeze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment