
I have always wanted to do this, so here it goes (please be kind if I sound a little out of tune)
"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have..." Lisa Whelchel-Cauble (and you thought I was going to end the verse with the overly famous words "the Facts of Life."
I had the absolute pleasure of being honoured with writing a review on Lisa's new book for Booksneeze.com and I must tell you that Mrs. Whelchel-Cauble certainly did not disappoint. As a child of the 80's I loved spending afternoons watching Blair, Tootie, Natalie and Jo work through their teenage years. Lisa always looked so with it and that she could not possibly have a care in the world. I was shocked as I read "Friendships for Grown-ups" that Lisa was very much like myself... we were both unsure of ourselves and unsure of our friendships.
The big difference is that while I am a chicken at heart and could never speak so candidly about my life, Mrs. Whelchel-Cauble lays it all on the line and in her book. She does not sugar-coat what she has been through and is very candid about the struggles that she has had to go through in her life.
Her stories about Ney and the Front Porch Sisters (otherwise known as the Women of Faith team) inspired me and at the same time allowed me to see that it is possible to work through our failures and come out on the otherside knowing without a doubt that I am one of God's little princesses. I have been inspired by this book to look at my own friendships (or lack thereof), to ask God what it is that he wants me to learn from my friendships, and to be willing to take the chance of meeting new friends.
Thank you so much Lisa from the bottom of my heart... your words and candidness have brought me to the place where I am no longer afraid of what God has in store for me with regards to my friendships.
* Just a reminder that the book "Friendship for Grown-Ups" was provided to me for free, for the purpose of review via www.booksneeze.com
No comments:
Post a Comment