What really got me thinking about this was an invitation sent to me via Facebook to get involved in a program that my church's Women's Ministry offers called Woman 2 Woman Mentoring. It is definitely a program that is needed in our church, but I am confused as to what role I could play in this group: mentor or mentee.
Getting this invitation moved me to study more about being mentor to others. I often go to the messages of Nancy Leigh Demoss (http://www.reviveourhearts.com/) for biblical guidance and this situation was no different from any other that I have faced.Nancy had a wonderful 4 part series talking to the founder of Apples of Gold.
Part Three: Meaningful Connection Part Four: How to Become a Mentor
Titus 2:1-8
But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things - that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
The fact of the matter is that only God knows what role he wants us to play: mentor, mentee or a combination of both and it is through prayer and simply asking God what he demands of us that we will learn the role that God has for us.
In the next few days I will be praying to God as to what God is asking of me and I will patiently await His Words to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment